Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What the heck happened to August?

For as long as I can remember, my mom has always said that summer is over after the 4th of July.  When I was young, I never understood this saying because the 4th was at the beginning of the summer.  Now that I am old, I totally get it!  One day I am enjoying my lazy days at the swim club, and the next thing I know, August is over, the swim club is closed for another season.  WAAAA!!!!!  The end of the summer means back to school, homework, projects, activities, homework, PREP, homework.....
The only thing that gets me out of my 'Back to School' blues is celebrating our baby's birthday.  I can't even believe that our baby is 7.  I need to slow down time a bit.  My baby ain't no baby.  

She woke up on the morning of her birthday to breakfast in bed!

 It was a Sunday, so after church, she opened up her presents.
 She still loves all things Bieber!!!!
 Her favorite gift, an American Girl doll.  She names her Skylar.  She asked Kylie and Madison to be Skylar's Godparents.  Looks like our ideals do pass on to our kids after all!!!!!
 Make a wish, darling!

And....they're off.  Back to school.  This year is Kylie's last year and Madison's first year at the high school.  They are so happy to be at the same school again.  Mornings a little bit of challenge having 2 girls now getting ready at the same time in the same bathroom.

 This year is Avery and Kamryn's last year together in elementary school.  Next year Avery will be heading to the middle school.  

And our boy is a freshman in college.  He refused to let me take his pics on his first day.  :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What cuties! And I hear you about summer - it goes soooo quickly.